Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Skating Rink Music

So, we're on the way home from soccer practice last night and we were listening to the 80's channel on SIRIUS. The song "I Think We're Alone Now" by Tiffany came on, and Chip said, "This is skating rink music".

It made us both think back to our elementary school boyfriend(s)/girlfriend(s). I think I know why my boys are like they are with girls. It's in their genes!!!

For some reason, we picked 4th grade, and both remembered their names. Chip's was Jeane (pronounced Jon, like it was a French name) and he didn't give me a last name. I was in 4th grade 2 times (due to moving and being held back). My first 4th grade "boyfriend" was Mike Dobbs at Mountain Park Elementary in Roswell, GA, and my second 4th grade "boyfriend" was David Grimsley at Pawnee Elementary in Lenexa, KS.

Do you remember yours??? I'm tagging Kim, Heather, Catherine, Caren, and Allison. Tell us about your 4th grade boyfriend (if you remember)!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm gonna have to think. i might not have been cool enough to have a boyfriend in fourth grade. i did have a hermit crab, but that's about all i remember. fifth grade...that's another story. i bought my boyfriend ryan two baseball cards for christmas. i'll post soon about that.

The Evans' said...

Well, see, after the second 4th grade, I had just boy "friends" not "boyfriends" (which was fine with me - I was a tomboy, after all), and it lasted until 9th grade!!!

Caren said...

I didn't have a boyfriend in 4th grade. But in fifth grade I had a boyfriend named Brian (wierd....that's my husbands name). My mom actually let me go on a "date" with him to the saking rink. After that he never left me alone so I dumped him. I was still to into climbing trees and playing tag to be worried with boys!