Thursday, January 15, 2009

Christmas 2008

Christmas was a blast! The kids are more and more fun every year, and the Christmas list brings more laughs each year, too!

On Christmas morning, Chandler woke us up at 3:30 AM - yes, you read correctly! We told him we weren't getting up until 7, and he tried to squeeze in bed with Chip and I. I decided to leave him with Chip and head to their room where Jared was sleeping. Chandler came back in to their room at 6:30 (after tossing and turning for a while and then going to check out the tree again and count the gifts - I don't think he ever fully went back to bed!). I told him he had to wait 30 minutes, so he said rather loudly, "Jared, we can open gifts in 30 minutes!!!" to which Jared woke up, too! Needless to say, I had had enough and got up at 6:45. We didn't have any trouble making it to my parent's (the Rider's) house by 9:30 to exchange and open gifts there. We had a nice brunch after all the gifts were open and then headed home for a while. The kids got to enjoy some gifts before the Evans' all arrived at 4 to exchange and open gifts! We had a nice dinner, too, and I got to hold Hayes for most of the evening, which is why there's only 1 picture - we didn't pick up the camera until after almost everyone had left :(. It was a very busy, but fun day, and we were glad we could spend it with our family!!!

No comments: