Thursday, January 17, 2008

Snow, School, & Shoes

So Chip is mad at me this morning as I "predicted" that we would have no accumulation and that everyone was making a big hoopla about RAIN! I lived in Kansas City, and have seen "real" snow, and just knew we wouldn't have it last night. I called to tell him (jokingly) that I was having a hard time getting the kids to school, and he said, "You were right, as usual" and basically hung up on me! He says that I always have to be right, and I guess I'll work on that someday....

He did drive 20-30 mph home last night from our small group with his AT (all-terrain) tires on a JEEP!! That drove me a little batty, too, since we were driving in RAIN!!! Needless to say, a 35-minute drive took us too long....

I let the kids stay up too late (and threw a few snowballs that they gathered from the cars in the drive when we got home) and a little, yes, little piece of me wanted school to be cancelled. It was probably good that it wasn't a) because there was no ice and no NEED to cancel and b) because I'm SWAMPED at work. Hence the lack of postings lately. I still need to post about our trip to Florida after Christmas!

Lastly, who leaves their shoes at someone's house? The answer is my kids! You would think to yourself, they go with shoes on, they should leave with shoes on, right? Well, they did go with shoes on, but when the shoe fettish boy (Chandler) takes an EXTRA pair, and his brother wears those home, the said brother (Jared) leaves HIS shoes!!! Don't worry, we have PLENTY of shoes - I think they get that from my mom (the shoe fettish, that is!). Chandler also wanted to lace another pair to wear today with one orange lace and one black lace. I told him no and that we'd look for the other black lace when we got home this afternoon. He said, "I know where it is. Daddy told me he never wanted to see the laces again (probably when they were cleaning up), so I threw them behind my t.v!" They have a huge entertainment center with a 37" t.v. in it that takes up a whole wall in their bedroom, and now, there's shoe laces and t.v/cd player/radio cables behind it! You always wonder where things go when they're told to clean up - now I know. Just wonder what else is behind there creating a fire hazard?!@

Back to work I go.

No comments: